Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What...? Oh, it's the Window Cleaner!

I respect window cleaners and am glad of the work they do. But I hate it when I'm sitting here at my computer and there's a strange thump, and you think "what's that?" and when you glance round, all that's there is a cat staring at something you can't see. (Nothing unusual about that). You go to see if anyone came in the door, and it's closed fast - but when you return to your desk, there's a guy at the (upstairs) window next to it, scraping foam off with a rubber blade.

It throws me every time.

I must learn to look for the window cleaners first, and chase up other possibilities second. Just because it's only waving trees, flapping birds and slinking squirrels outside that window, it doesn't mean the view doesn't occasionally get filled with a large human being.

If you came here via my profile, this is my emergency blogspot - my main blog is here.

5 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

bloggio playing up again?

Diddums said...

No... I just thought, having gone to the trouble of spiffing up the blog, I should give it a new blog post as well. :-).

Udge said...

Voted! Hope that blogigo does go.

Diddums said...

I've been hoping it will improve... it's not hurrying to, though.

Diddums said...

Thanks for the vote in the sidebar poll. :-). Anyone else...?